Thursday, August 17, 2006

Observations

Here are two pencil tests from A Time For All Seasonings. For the first video, I shot every drawing I did twice. The thing is, I really like animating on "twos" but if I get really lazy with the spacing, the actions become very sluggish. This is the scene where the PEPPER character shakes pepper out of his hat and sifts it onto his pedistal before he does his soft shoe dance with the SALT character. I did not include the effects because I haven't drawn them yet. So imagine that he is pushing the pepper out of his hat and sifting it through his fingers...






The shaking of the pepper looks a bit sluggish to me, That's what you get when you animate on twos and you animate without planning the spacing of your drawings...

So I went back and put some of the ease drawings onto single frames.
Now I think the action of shaking pepper from his hat feels a bit crisper and fun. This is the version I'll use for the film. Once the pepper FX are animated I will post the test...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home