Friday, August 11, 2006

Now that ChewBone is focusing its attention on finishing "SEASONINGS" this blog will be updating you on the progress of the film.

It will be a bit of everything: development, penicl tests, process and opinion.




Before I post any work I think it would be fitting to show a film that I saw way before I ever conceived of the idea for A Time For All Seasonings. The film is Anna and Bella and I first saw it 9 years ago in an animation history course. When I look at this film now, I see things that I wish were the norm in animation and filmmaking. I can't tell you how important I feel it is to see the artist's hand in the line work. It makes it so personal. And it's fitting given the subject matter of the piece.

The story is simple and clear. So is the posing. Watching this film over and over has no doubt helped me strengthen the posing in my animation.



4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for posting this link.

It's been years since I saw this film - and it still touches me to watch it again.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Jav said...

Agreed!
This film is just fantastic...
I remember it well.
It also inspired my student film at the time...
yes, the one that was never finished :(
Its fantastic to see the dedication to seasonings now...
Good luck!
Cant wait for the entries!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Jav said...

Oh by the way, let it be known that I am absoluteley on board with what youre saying...
The charm and life behind a line should never be lost...
I'm a fan of the energy!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Locadora do Werneck said...

This movie is beautiful, you are very well referenced ;)

It's stunning to think that people could make a movie like this back in the dreadfull 1980's. Not many people followed its message tho, it's almost impossible to find other shorts made out of trad 2d but with an adult content like this, mixing Tex Avery's experiments with heart-felt stories focused towards a more mature audience. Very rare indeed.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home